- Cleaning and Preparation, Bonding Process.
- Primer Coats – the first coat of primer is applied. This coat cures/bonds into the pores of the substrate surface. The 2nd coat is the base which the top coats are applied onto. CC&G is the ONLY company to apply additional coats – 6 total.
- Top Coat Applications
Custom Coat & Glaze’s refinishing system for the past 25 years is considered the finest and safest in the industry. It has surpassed all ASTM standards for durability, strength and longevity. The high gloss finish is designed to encapsulate your worn and porous surface and to keep the water flowing resiliently down the drain, while maintaining its high gloss luster for many years to come.
Prior To Our Arrival :
- Your surface should not have a continual drip whether its from the tub spout, shower head, or sink faucet. This issue would have to be abated prior to our arrival.
- Remove all items off your countertops.
- Take out anything that is not in a cabinet or stowed away.
- Remove all shampoo bottles soaps and other items.
- Take down shower curtain and remove it out from the room.
It is OK to call a Professional if you have never done this before…
- If we are refinishing a bathtub surround we will need to remove the escutcheon or cover plate where your controls are. If you can, take this off yourself (and put it back on after) . Our Technicians will also remove your overflow and drain screen if any. CC&G will not come back to put them back on after the coating dries, so you can have them left on. As part of our services, we will tape of and spray around them. You may also ask our techs to show you how they go back on. If you don’t want them removed, you MUST state this during booking of the appointment.
- If your not comfortable about this and want them to come back there will be a 40.00 service charge.
CLIENTS RESPONSIBILITY PRIOR TO OUR ARRIVAL IN REFERENCE TO TILE REFINISHING (VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND)
IF YOUR CHOOSING TO HAVE YOUR TILES REFINISHED, THERE ARE PREREQUISITES THAT MUST BE ADHERED TO. ANY DEVIATION OR NON-COMPLIANCE TO THE FOLLOWING PROTOCOLS MAY IVOID YOUR WARRANTY. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY AS THEY ARE EXPLAINED .
IF YOUR NOT SURE ABOUT SOMETHING OR YOU HAVE A QUESTION DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK, AGAIN NON-COMPLIANCE CAN AND WILL RESULT IN PORTIONS IF NOT ALL OF YOUR WARRANTY BEING VOIDED.
Please Read and Follow:
- Check the structural integrity of the tile walls by observing all your tiles. Look and feel for loose or bowing tiles (if an area seems suspect push on the tile or tiles to see if they move). If the tile is not sound, it could fall off the wall during the preparation phrase. We will stop and leave until such time when the issue is corrected if this happens.
Don’t get stuck with Extra Charges:
- This may be subject to a service charge not to exceed $60.00. Always check the 1st 4 to 6 rows of tiles above the tub on all 3 sides for loose or bowing tiles. The wet area is the most critical about getting it right. You can also rap your knuckles on the tiles and listen for a solid noise or a noise that seems loose. If loose, have your tile person fix and remedy the job. Doing this preventive measure will eliminate downtime and inconvenience of your bath.
- Check the grout lines for any spaces gaps or cracks between the tiles , if there are, fill in with un-sanded grout only (no caulking!). Let set for 24 hours (if you don’t know how to grout just ask us. CC&G would be glad to explain it (you’ll be amazed at how easy this is). Just remember, if you missed some areas of the grout lines, when the refinish is completed, you will see some dark areas between the tiles. Those are the areas that were missed. You can fix the missed lines after 36 hours (no water use). You can also use caulking or grout to seal the areas missing grout .
Please do not Forget the Following:
- PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Missing grout will make your walls soft over time from direct water and steam moisture. This would cost you hundreds if not thousands of dollars in repairs. This would also have the possibility of lifting the coating that you just paid for and would not be covered under our warranty.
We will do our best to identify areas either before or after the refinish. It will also be your responsibility, to identify them as well. They don’t always immediately show up while we are there or after we are gone.
If we do however see them, we will put it on the invoice that your warranty in that areas will not be honored and we will take pictures of that area and you will sign off on the invoice as such. Keep in mind it’s only the affected area that’s in question and not the rest of your entire surface.
It’s important you understand and comply! We will not be responsible for clients failing to seal wet areas.
We will do our best to identify areas either before or after the refinish. It will also be your responsibility to identify them as well in case they don’t immediately show up while we are there or after were gone.
If we do however see them, we will put it on the invoice that your warranty in that areas will not be honored and we will take pictures of that area and you will sign off on the invoice as such. Keep in mind it is only the affected area that’s in question and not the rest of your entire surface.
It is important you understand this and comply (we will not be responsible for clients failing to seal wet areas).
It is OK to call a Professional for help:
To alleviate any potential issues be sure to look them over or have a professional do that for you prior to our arrival.
Too many times we have been misled on the belief that certain clients are telling us the truth. In fact they are either deliberate in not telling the truth or negligent either way it is considered non-compliant and will not be covered by your warranty.
compliance is to assure that the tile surfaces are ready to be refinished and
that your bath will be ready for use quickly. Contact us with any questions.
Maintenance & Cleaning
After your newly re-glazed surface is fully cured (48 hours), rinse it down with water before using it, so as to rid any coating dust which may have settled after the process. Your surface is designed for long lasting use; cleaning it with the proper materials is key to its longevity. Use only our recommended products that we list, as there are hundreds of cleaners on the market that can be more detrimental than helpful.
Our Suggestions to Keeping Your Finish Looking New:
- Never use steel wool, metal scrub pads or scouring pads as this could dull your high gloss finish and make your finish less resilient. Steel Wool traps soils and water stains onto the surface. Instead, use a nylon covered sponge pad (one example is Chore Boy, found at local supermarkets).
- Do not use shampoos that contain dyes (they can stain your refinished surface as well a brand new one). We’ve been telling our clients to use Lysol Tub, Tile Cleaner, Scrubbing Bubbles, Simple Green, Windex and mild dish washing soap. These solutions all work well, but the best is Scrubbing Bubbles.
- Maintenance is the key to keeping your surface not only functional but keeping its high gloss finish intact for many years to come.